Brush fire breaks out south of Gardnerville
November 4, 2007
A small brush fire in a remote section of China Spring, seven miles south of Gardnerville, broke out at 12:41 p.m. Sunday afternoon.
Douglas County fire officials said the conflagration quickly spread to engulf more than six acres.
Local fire crews reportedly dispatched two engines, but were called back at 3:07 p.m. because crews from the U.S. Forest Service were called in to mitigate the fire and take over containment operations.
“Our crews are returning now,” said Jeanette Bowling, a spokeswoman from the Douglas County Fire Department. “I can’t estimate how many (personnel) went out or what percent of the fire is (contained).
“It’s the (Forest Service) jurisdiction now.”
U.S. Forest Service officials were unable to be reached Sunday afternoon.
Recommended Stories For You
No firefighters were dispatched from Minden or Carson to assist.
Trending In: Local
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Grandson back in Nevada to face murder charge
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit
- Area county officials predict strong growth in 2019
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County