Budget bill adds opioid funding
April 2, 2018
The omnibus spending bill approved by Congress and the President last month includes an additional $20 million to help combat the opioid epidemic through telemedicine.
The money was provided through the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Distance Learning and Telemedicine grants program.
A spokesman said telemedicine helps to bring essential medical treatment to rural areas of the nation. The $20 million is in addition to the $29 million in DLT program's regular budget.
Trending In: Local
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Grandson back in Nevada to face murder charge
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit
- Area county officials predict strong growth in 2019
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County