Business center planned for land near Sonic
Vacant land surrounding the Sonic drive-in on College Parkway will be consumed by the ever-growing development machine in northeast Carson City.
A $14.3 million financial center, owned and developed by Connemara Park LLC, is the newest planned development in the area. The owners hope to capitalize on the nearby Wal-Mart Supercenter, under construction at College Parkway and Hot Springs Road, and the new freeway.
The four-member company isn’t the only one crowding into the corridor.
Kevin Coleman, owner of K&S Properties, is developing a flexible-space center on Research Way and another nearby on College Parkway. Flexible space is a term used for buildings that can be sized to fit a buyer.
“A major business corridor will be from the (Carson-Tahoe) Hospital to Wal-Mart and down College Parkway,” said John Griffin, a member of Connemara.
Carrie McAninch, also a member of the company, said Tuesday that East College Parkway is important because it’s a major road out to Dayton, which has high residential growth. Accountant Michael Bayliss and Sperry Van Ness Associate Bruce Robertson are also members of Connemara.
Griffin said the College Parkway area is so in demand that about 80 percent of the center, or 63,400 square feet, is already leased or sold. And they haven’t even broken ground yet.
Griffin said ground breaking for the first phase of construction will be in the spring. Phase one includes two buildings along Goni Road and the building east of Sonic. The names of the companies that are in the financial center will be released in January.
Connemara also recently purchased North Pointe Center at Goni Road and East College Parkway. The 75,000 square-foot building will contain a bank and retail clients.
Contact reporter Becky Bosshart at email@example.com or 881-1212.
Connemara Park LLC business park
• The wedged-shaped center is between Goni Road and the east end of Hot Springs Road and College Parkway. The 78,500-square-foot center will include six buildings ranging in size from 3,000 to 33,000 square feet and 312 parking spaces. It is zoned for light industrial.
• The largest building, which will be at the corner of Goni Road and College Parkway, will be leased to a bank and mortgage company. The bank office will be one story, and the back office complex will have two stories.
• A 19,300-square-foot office directly north of that building also has two stories, and was sold to an accounting firm and a law firm.
• The 8,700-square-foot building that will be on the corner of Goni and Hot Springs roads was sold to a residential real estate business.
The 9,000-square-foot building, which will be directly behind Sonic, was leased to a title company. The 9,000-square-foot building beside it is for sale or lease.
• The sixth building, east of Sonic, will contain a dental office.