Business news and notes
Ron Peterson, president of Northern Nevada Title Company has been appointed by the State of Nevada Division of Insurance to be a member of the Commissioner’s Title Insurance Advisory Committee. The title company has offices Carson City and Minden,
The Sierra Nevada Association of Realtors recently held its annual installation and awards dinner. At the event, the following announcements were made:
– President: Joan Zadny, Coldwell Banker Best Sellers in Carson City
– President-elect: Dan Smith, Coldwell Banker Best Sellers in Carson City
– Realtor of the Year: Bill Driscoll, RE/MAX Realty Affiliates, Gardnerville
– Affiliate of the Year: Barbara Smith, First Centennial Title, Carson City
– John Sanderson Award: Stephen Lincoln, RE/MAX Realty Affiliates, Carson City
– Stan Peters Memorial Award: Brad Bonkowski, Coldwell Banker Commercial Premier Brokers, Carson City; and Rob Wigton, Century 21 Clark Properties, Minden
For more information about Sierra Nevada Association of Realtors, call 885-7200.
The Blockbuster store at East William Street and Solomon Road has a new look and new services. A revamped “Rock the Block” concept is being test marketing here and in the nine Reno and Sparks locations.
The Carson-Reno-Sparks area was selected as the first national test site. Blockbuster operates nearly 8,000 locations worldwide, with 12 in Northern Nevada.
Along with all new decor, the test-site stores feature enhanced video game centers where customers can sit on oversized leather chairs and play the latest video games for free on a flat-screen television. In addition, along with movie and game rentals and sales, customers may now purchase various entertainment electronics such as Blu-ray players, high-def televisions, video cameras, e-books, accessories and more, plus an expanded self-service food and beverage station with both hot and cold beverages and snacks. The stores now open at 6 a.m.
The Nevada Land Conservancy recently presented awards of distinction and recognition at their 10-year anniversary celebration. The following organizations and individuals were honored at the celebration:
– NV Energy was named the Business Partner of Distinction
– The Truckee River Fund received the Restoration Partner of Distinction award
– Washoe County Regional Parks and Open Space was recognized as the Agency Partner of Distinction
– Kirk and Annaliese Odencrantz received the Visionary Supporters Recognition award
Nevada Land Conservancy is Nevada’s first independent, nonprofit land trust working with landowners and communities to protect and preserve the special places and open spaces of Nevada for future generations. For information on Nevada Land Conservancy’s projects, call 851-5180 or visit http://www.nvlc.org.
Events this week
Grand opening of the Carson City Diner, 2000 N. Carson St. 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
Fundraiser from Derik Morg at NV50, 10051 Highway 50 East in Mound House. Doors open at 4 p.m. and entertainment by The Saddle Tramps, The Darlins and the Cowbellerros starts at 9 p.m. Donations, raffle tickets and sales of Red Bull drinks will go to the benefit. For more information, call 246-4477.