Businessman runs roadblock, arrested |

Businessman runs roadblock, arrested

by F.T. Norton
Businessman Allan Fiegehen is taken out of the patrol car at the Carson City Jail after he was arrested for running a police barricade to check on his Lakeview home. Fiegehen allegedly scuffled with a deputy when he was stopped. The deputy was bitten by Fiegehen's dog.

A prominent Carson City businessman evacuated from his Lakeview home was arrested Friday morning after driving past a barricade and scuffling with a deputy who tried to stop him.

Allan Fiegehen, part-owner of the Ormsby House, Cubix Corp. and Glen Eagles Restaurant, was booked into the Carson City Jail on charges of resisting with violence and interfering with a police officer, eluding police, driving on a closed road and careless driving, all misdemeanors.

He was apparently anxious to check on his property threatened by the Waterfall fire.

Deputy Matt Putzer was manning the barricade at Combs Canyon Road and Timberline Drive when Fiegehen allegedly drove out of the line of cars and sped past the roadblock, Chief Deputy Steve Schuette said.

Putzer gave chase with lights and sirens blaring for about a mile to the Fiegehen home in the 4000 block of Weise Road, Schuette said.

Once there, the two got into a scuffle as Putzer attempted to arrest Fiegehen, according to Schuette.

At some point, Schuette said, Fiegehen’s dog jumped from the car and bit Putzer on his leg.

He said Fiegehen suffered a minor head injury when his head hit the pavement during the scuffle.

The Fiegehen home was unscathed.

The roadblock for tenants was lifted a short time after the incident.

“If Mr. Fiegehen had gone to the community meeting, he would have known that Lakeview and Timberline residents were going to be allowed to go back in to check on their homes,” he said. “He couldn’t wait.”

Fiegehen’s wife was with him at the time.

Putzer and Fiegehen were treated at the scene by an ambulance. He was booked on the charges and released on his own recognizance.

Depending on the severity of Putzer’s wound, the dog could be quarantined for 10 days. Animal Control took custody of the dog.

Contact F.T. Norton at or 881-1213.