Bypass work begins next month
August 24, 2007
Construction of the second phase of the Carson City freeway will begin in late September.
The bids were opened last month with Road and Highway Builders of Reno the apparent low bidder. Department of Transportation Spokesman Scott Magruder said the Nevada Department of Transportation signed the contract with that company last week.
The $44.9 million contract will pay to extend the freeway from Highway 50 south to Fairview Drive. Construction is expected to take about two years.
Magruder said there will be a formal ground breaking ceremony when the work begins.
Trending In: Local
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand