– Holiday Choir Concert featuring the Great Basin Brass Symphonic Choir, 7:30 p.m. at Trinity Episcopal Church, 200 Island Ave., Reno. Tickets, information: 784-6847.
– Larry Taylor photography exhibit, up through Monday at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Features native flora of Eagle Valley, Carson Range and Carson territory. Hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Call 883-1976.
– Western Nevada Community College Light up the Holidays 6:45 p.m. in front of the Bristlecone Building followed by a WNCC Concert Choir performance. Call 445-4410 for information.
– Carson City Chapter of Retired Public Employees of Nevada annual Christmas party, 11:30 a.m. at the Carson Nugget. Call 883-6334.
– Youth talent contest tryouts, 4-8 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Divisions include solo and group dance; solo vocal 12-younger, 13-older; solo musical instrument, variety. Open to grades one through 12; no bands. Call Joyce at 782-2105.
– Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission meeting, 5:30 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center Sierra Room.
– Louie Fontaine and the Rockets perform through Sunday at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. today-Thursday and Sunday, 8 p.m.-2 a.m. Friday-Saturday. Call 882-1626.
– Perfect Choice performs through Sunday at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.