May 6, 2005
• Mother’s Day Tea at noon at the Roberts House Museum, 1207 N. Carson St. Cost $18 per person, includes scones with toppings, fresh fruit, sandwiches and desserts. Call Paula Cannon at 887-8865.
• RSVP Spring Fun Fair at Mills Park. Features carnival rides, midway of fun, vendors, crafts and entertainment. Call 687-4680.
Mother’s Day Rotary Rose Sale, FISH Thrift Store, 138 E. Long St. Price $20 per dozen; first-come, first-served. Sale open from 1-4 p.m.. Call 882-8448.
• Experimental Aircraft Association Sierra Chapter 403 second annual Fly-In at the Carson City Airport. Call 885-1945.
• Louie Fontaine performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge. No cover; call 882-1626.
• Shake, Rattle & Roll perform at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden. Call 782-9711.
Recommended Stories For You
• WNCC Carson City Student Art Show through May 17. Call 445-3000.
• Paulina Rubio performs at 9 p.m. at the Reno Hilton Theater. Tickets $65, $45. Call 789-2285.
• Comstock Arabian Horse Show, 8 a.m. at Fuji Park front arena. Call Linda Zimmerman at 972-7241.
• Carson City Historical Society Yard Sale, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (weather permitting) at the Roberts House Museum, 1207 N. Carson St. Call Paula Cannon at 887-8865.
• Nevada Appeal photographer Rick Gunn presents a free audio-visual show of his travels through Northern China, 7 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center Performance Hall, 511 W. King St. Call 883-1976.
• May Daze Horse Show, 8 a.m. at Camelot Arena, Stagecoach. Hosted by High Desert Horsemen. Food available on grounds; call Margy Hamilton at 629-0807.
• Topaz Sagehens 29th annual Rummage and Bake Sale 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Topaz Ranch Estates Park building. Also hot dogs, soda, pies, cakes and more. Call Carolyn Purkiss at (775) 266-9482.
• Archaeology Awareness and Historic Preservation Week today through May14. Variety of events in Carson City, Virginia City and Reno. Call Bob Harmon at 687-8323.
• 39th annual Jackpot of Gems 2005 show at the Reno Livestock Events Center Exhibit Hall, 1350 Wells Ave., Reno. Open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Cost $4 general; $3 seniors; $2 children 6-12. Call 356-8820.
• Nevada Health Centers – Mammovan for Nevada at FISH, 138 E. Long St. Mammograms available by appointment only, 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Call (877) 581-6266 for details.
• Carson City Convention and Visitors’ Bureau meeting, 5:30 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center Sierra Room.
• Northern Nevada Antique Power Club EDGE and TA Branch 132 meets at 6 p.m. at Grandma Hattie’s, 2811 S. Carson St. Open to all interested in antique tractors or engines. Call 883-3288.
• Fellowship of Christian Athletes meets at 7:30 p.m. at the Boys and Girls Club of Western Nevada, 673 S. Stewart St. Call 450-6047.
• Douglas County Senior Services Advisory Council meeting, 8 a.m. at the Douglas County Senior Center, 2300 Meadow Lane, Gardnerville. Public welcome; call 783-6455.
• Young at Heart Senior Citizens Club board meeting, 9:30 a.m. at the Douglas County Senior Center, 2300 Meadow Lane, Gardnerville. Call 783-6455.
• Midnite performs reggae from St. Croix at 10 p.m. at the Tahoe Biltmore, Crystal Bay. Tickets $20; 21-older only. Call 337-8344.
• Nevada State Museum holds daily Behind-the-Scenes tours, 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, 600 N. Carson St. Call 687-4810, ext. 237. Admission $5 adults; $3 seniors; 17-younger free.