Wednesday, Jan. 26
– The Carson City Regional Planning Commission meets at 3:30 p.m. in the Community Center’s Sierra Room, 851 E. William St.
– AARP meeting at the Carson City Senior Citizens Center at 1:30 p.m. Information concerning tax aid available to all seniors. Call 883-1579.
– Carson City Photo Club meets at 7 p.m. at Carson Photo, 2578 S. Curry St., No. 2, features slide show of Yosemite National Park by Jens Peermann.
– Art unveiling at Addi Galleries, inside the Reno Hilton, 5:30 p.m., with music feature and surprise guest vocalist. Hors d’oeuvres and fine wines served until 7:30 p.m., free and open to the public. Call 825-1727.
– Kathy Lee performs in the Cork and Bottle Lounge of the Carson Nugget through Saturday. Call 882-1626.
– Siren performs at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge through Sunday. Call 782-9711.
– Tahoe Regional Planning Agency governing board meets at in the board room, 308 Dorla Court, Elks Point.
Thursday, Jan. 27:
– Carson Performing Arts presents “I Never Saw Another Butterfly” at the CHS Black Box Theatre at 7:30 p.m. Admission: $4 CHS student body card and children; $5 students and seniors; $6 general. Call 885-6331.
– Guitarist Cosy Sheridan performs at the Brewery Arts Center at 7:30 p.m. Tickets general $12, students, seniors, BAC members $10. Call 883-1976.
– The Carson City Shade Tree Council meets at 5:30 p.m. in the City Hall’s Capitol Conference Room, 201 N. Carson St.
– Carson Prostate Cancer Support Group meets at the Cancer Resource Center, 990 N. Mountain St. at 7, p.m. Call 882-5264.
– “Under Milk Wood” a play by Dylan Thomas at the Bruka Theater, 8 p.m. at 99 N. Virginia St., Reno, through Sunday. Tickets in advance are $12 general, $10 students/seniors. At the door, $15. Call 323-3221.