Calendar of events
– Sierra Nevada Human Resource Association meeting, 7:30 a.m. at the Plaza Hotel, 801 S. Carson St., second-floor meeting room. Program presented by Dr. Carlos Romo, deputy administrator of Nevada Equal Rights Commission. Members $5 fee, nonmembers $10. Call 684-0111 or 782-9860.
– Daughters of Norway Queen Maud Lodge second anniversary celebration, 6 p.m. at Comstock Mobile Village recreation room, 2601 E. College Parkway. Includes potluck and history of group. Call 882-1681 or 885-0386.
– Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce joint mixer with Lyon County Economic Development Authority, Northern Nevada Development Authority and Odyssey Business Services, 5-7 p.m. at Odyssey Business Services, 23 Alfonso Drive, Mound House. Call 883-4413.
– Gold Hill Theater Troupe After Dinner Theater, 8 p.m. in the Great Room, features “The Christmas Treasure.” Cost $18.50; dinner from 5-7 p.m. Call 847-0111.
– Band on the Run performs through Sunday at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. today and Sunday, 8 p.m.-2 a.m. Friday-Saturday. Call 882-1626.
– Louie Fontaine performs through Sunday at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.
– The Gardners perform through Saturday at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.