Calendar of events
– Northern Nevada Development Authority 2003 Business Expo, 3-8 p.m. at the Nevada Appeal, 580 Mallory Way.
– Carson Communicators Toastmaster Club meets at 5:30 p.m. at Grandma Hattie’s Restaurant. Lecture-demonstration given by Sarah Fleming, master teacher of voice. Free; dinner guests requested to arrive early. Call Nancy Adams at 882-4271.
– Flu shot clinic, 1-5 p.m. at Minden Medical Center, 925 Ironwood Drive. Call 885-4596 or 885-4572.
– Storey County School Board meets, 6 p.m. at Hugh Gallagher Elementary School, 191 S. D St.
– Ribbon-cutting for new land acquisition and hike from 2-4 p.m. at Mormon Station State Historic Park.
– Gold Hill Theater Troupe After Dinner Theater, 8 p.m. in The Great Room, features “The Christmas Treasure.” Cost $18.50; dinner 5-7 p.m. Call 847-0111.
– Trick or Treat Food Drive. Carson City public and parochial students conduct annual drive, leave food on porch. Call 882-8448.
– Paradize appears at the Carson Valley Inn’s Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.
– Teaser performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. Call 882-1626.
– American Made plays at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711