Calendar of events
– Carson City School Board meets 7 p.m. in the Sierra Room of the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St.
– NARFE Chapter 2167 meeting from 2-4 p.m. at the Douglas County Library Meeting Room. Call 265-6874.
– Carson City Chronic Disease Self-Management Program free workshop, 1-4:30 p.m. at St. Paul’s Lutheran Family Hall, 1201 N. Saliman. Call 856-3839 to register.
– Flu shot clinic, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 5 Pinecone Circle in Dayton. Call 885-4596 or 885-4572.
– Cameras on the Comstock features historian Bernadette Francke, 7:30 p.m. at Nevada State Museum. Call 687-4810, ext. 239.
– Author Bob Stewart lectures on the ghost town of Aurora 7 p.m. at the Gold Hill Hotel in Gold Hill.
– Food Bank of Northern Nevada enrolls commodity supplemental food program participants 9 a.m.-noon at the Ron Wood Family Resource Center, 625 Fairview Drive, No. 113 in Carson City.
– Blues Groove performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. today-Thursday and Sunday, 8 p.m.-2 a.m. Friday-Saturday. Call 882-1626.