Calendar of events
– RSVP 18th annual Nevada Days Celebration at Mills Park through Sunday, 4 p.m.-midnight today. Features carnival rides, midway games, food, refreshments, crafts and vendors. All-day ride pass $10 today, $17 Friday-Sunday. Call 687-4680.
– Brenn Hill performs at 7:30 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center Performance Hall, 511 W. King St. Call 883-1976.
– Halloween carnival, 5-9 p.m. at Virginia City Middle School Gym, 127 S. D St., Virginia City. Features karaoke, snacks, flaming archery, fortune telling, football, basketball, ring toss and more. Theme is “Pirates of the Caribbean.” Call 847-0980.
– Gold Hill Theater Troupe After Dinner Theater, 8 p.m. in The Great Room, features “The Christmas Treasure.” Cost $18.50; dinner from 5-7 p.m. Call 847-0111.
– Black and Black Ball, 6 p.m. in the Valhalla Grand Hall, South Lake Tahoe. Call (530) 542-4166.
– University of Nevada, Reno, 13th annual Vintage Nevada Wine Tasting and Auction, 5-8 p.m. at the Silver Legacy City Center Pavilion. Tickets $50 at the door; call 784-4831.
– Trick or Treat Time at the Children’s Museum of Northern Nevada, today and Friday, 813 N. Carson St., 6-8 p.m.. Admission $3 per child, adults free. Pumpkin and face painting and fortunes told; Polaroid pictures $1. Call 884-2226.
– Blues Groove performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. today and Sunday, 8 p.m.-2 a.m. Friday-Saturday. Call 882-1626.