Calendar of events
– Carson City third annual March of Dimes Jail and Bail, hosted by B’Sghetti’s. Call 826-2166.
– Carson City Chronic Disease Self-Management Program free workshop, 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 305 N. Carson St., Suite 200. Call 856-3839 to register.
– Sixth annual Diabetes Fair, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. inside Carson Mall. Includes blood pressure checks, blood glucose testing, flu shot information, foot screenings and more; free to the public. Call 885-4122.
– Carson River Advisory Committee meeting, 6 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center Sierra Room, 851 E. William St.
– Carson City Democratic Central Committee meets at 7 p.m. at 709 E. Robinson St. Call 883-3367.
– Meeting for Northern Nevada parents, caregivers, foster parents, professionals of adults and children with special needs, 7-8:30 p.m. at Western Nevada Community College, Marlette Hall; childcare by appointment only. Call 782-4256.
– Chris Smither performs at 7:30 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center Performance Hall, 511 W. King St. Tickets $12 BAC members, $15 general. Call 883-1976.
– Gold Hill Theater Troupe After Dinner Theater, 8 p.m. in The Great Room, features The Last Tango in Gold Hill. Cost $18.50; dinner from 5-7 p.m. Call 847-0111.
– Free lecture, “Reversing Diabetes with Nutrition,” 6-8 p.m. at Douglas County Public Library, 1625 Library Lane, Minden. Call 265-0427.
– Madison Avenue performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. Call 882-1626.