Calendar of events
– Carson City supervisors meet 8:30 a.m. in the Sierra Room of the Carson City Community Center.
– Douglas County commissioners meet 1 p.m. at the Douglas County Administration Building, 1616 Eighth St. in Minden.
– Madison Avenue performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. today and Sunday, 8 p.m.-2 a.m. Friday-Saturday. Call 882-1626.
– AARP Chapter No. 3683 meets at 2 p.m. at the Douglas County Senior Center, 2300 Meadow Lane, Gardnerville. Nevada AARP president Marlene Rengert is guest speaker. Call 265-9406 or 265-3309.
– Gold Hill Theater Troupe After Dinner Theater, 8 p.m. in The Great Room, features The Christmas Treasure. Cost $18.50; dinner from 5-7 p.m. Call 847-0111.
– Soroptimist International of South Lake Tahoe “An Evening of Food and Wine Tasting,” 6 p.m. at Harrah’s Lake Tahoe. Call 573-2433.