Calendar of events
– A Salute to Veterans Day luncheon, noon-1 p.m. at the Pinon Plaza. All veterans and public welcome. Sponsored by Edward Jones Office of Carol Perry and Jessica Fischer and Protective Life Insurance. RSVP to Annie at 882-0371 or Joseph at 841-1369.
– Carson City Music Club presents the Millennium Bugs in concert, 7 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center Performance Hall, 511 W. King St. Members free, non-members $3, with refreshments. Call 882-9517.
– Carson-Tahoe Hospital luncheon, 11:30 a.m. at the Station Grill Rotisserie. Presentation by Jim Bell on the “Lifeline” program. Cost $15 per person. Call Sandy at 882-0254.
– Carson City Chronic Disease Self-Management Program free workshop, 1-4:30 p.m. at St. Paul’s Lutheran Family Hall, 1201 N. Saliman Road. Call 856-3839 to register.
– Mile High Jazz Band performs from 8-10 p.m. at Comma Coffee on South Carson Street. Admission $5 at the door; $4 for members of Mile High Jazz Band Association; 18-younger free. Swing-dance instruction from 6-7:30 p.m. Call 883-2662.
– Virginia City Veteran’s Day Parade, 11 a.m. down C Street. Gardnerville resident Bob Russell is grand marshal, plus VFW, VVA, POW/MIA, Pearl Harbor survivors and several high school ROTC units, drill teams and color guards will participate. Call 847-4768.
– Flu shots at Dayton Healthcare Center, 5 Pinecone Circle, 2-6 p.m., $10. Call 886-7402.
– Children’s author Ben Mikaelsen speaks at the Carson Valley United Methodist Church, 1375 Centerville Lane. Free, open to public; call 782-9841.
– The Act performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sunday; 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. Tuesday-Thursday and Sunday, 8 p.m.-2 a.m. Friday-Saturday. Call 882-1626.
– Prime Time performs through Sunday at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.