Calendar of events
– Carson City Republican Women membership meeting, 11 a.m. (social) at the Carson Nugget. Featured speaker is Gov. Kenny Guinn. Also to be held are bake sale and election of officers. Cost $15.
– National Association of Retired Federal Employees meets at 11:30 a.m. at Grandma Hattie’s Restaurant. Guest speaker is Joe Cardosi; nominations for 2004 chapter officers will be presented. Call 884-3538 or 246-0926.
– Capitol Women’s Connection meets from noon-1:30 p.m. at Station Grill and Rotisserie, 1105 S. Carson St. Luncheon feature is “A Holiday Fashion Preview” by Encore Consignment Boutique; plus motivational speaker Chauncy Swartz on “How to Find True Success.” Call 883-8875 or 885-7789.
– Carson City Chronic Disease Self-Management Program free workshop, 1-4:30 p.m. at St. Paul’s Lutheran Family Hall, 1201 N. Saliman Road. Call 856-3839 to register.
– Flu shots at the Carson Mall’s north entrance, 2-6 p.m., $10. Call 886-7402.
– Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission meeting, 5:30 p.m., Carson City Community Center Bonanza Room.
– Carson City Planning Commission meeting, 5:30 p.m., Carson City Community Center Sierra Room.
– Carson Middle School eighth-grade spaghetti dinner fund-raiser, 5:30-8 p.m. at the school. Advance tickets $5 adults, $2.50 for children; $6/$3 at the door; includes raffle and auction. Call 885-9727 or 283-2869.
– Silver Sierra Adventurers meet at 6 p.m. at the Carson Nugget. Call Harriet Post at 882-2671.
– Joey Carmon performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. today-Thursday and Sunday, 8 p.m.-2 a.m. Friday-Saturday. Call 882-1626.
– The Kid ‘n’ Nick performs at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.