Calendar of events
– Carson City Shade Tree Council’s annual tree care seminar, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St., Sierra Room. Cost $45 (includes lunch). Call 887-2145.
– Alzheimer’s Support Group meets from 1-2 p.m. at the Carson City Senior Citizens Center, 911 Beverly Dr., topic “Helping People with Dementia in Activities of Daily Living.” Respite care available. Call 849-1864.
– Carson City Area Chamber of Commerce “Business After Hours” mixer, 5-7 p.m. at Greenhouse Garden Center, 2450 S. Curry St. Call 882-1565.
– “Living with Diabetes” free seminar, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Carson-Tahoe Hospital Summit Room. Call 885-4705.
– Carson City Chronic Disease Self-Management Program free workshop, 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 305 N. Carson St., Suite 200. Call 856-3839 to register.
– Carson City Chapter AARP No. 723 meets at 1:30 p.m. at the Carson City Senior Citizens Center, 911 Beverly Dr., in the library. Guest speaker is Marlene Rengert on “AARP Nevada … That Means You.” Call 883-1579.
– Carson City Airport Authority meeting, 6 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center Sierra Room.
– Northern Nevada Development Authority meets at 7:30 a.m. at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden. Guest speaker John Mitchell, president of U.S. Bankcorp. Cost $15 members, $20 nonmembers; call 883-4413.
– Children’s Book Week book fair, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Share a Book Club 11 a.m., Amelia Bedelia Show, 7 p.m. at the Douglas County Public Library. Call 782-9841.
– Gold Hill Theater Troupe After Dinner Theater, 8 p.m. in the Great Room, features “The Last Tango in Gold Hill.” Cost $18.50; dinner 5-7 p.m. Call 847-0111.
– Nevada Commission on Economic Development procurement outreach program, a free informal workshop, 9 a.m. to noon at Washoe County Complex, 1001 E. Ninth St., Bldg. C, C110, Reno. Call 687-1813.
– The Kid ‘n’ Nick performs at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.