Calendar of events
– Vaccination clinic, 3-6 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center Bonanza Room. All school-age children welcome; free for children who qualify for Vaccination for Children Program (Medicaid, no insurance, American Indian, Nevada Check Up). Call 283-1600.
– Holiday stories and photos with Santa and Mrs. Claus at 6 p.m. at the Douglas County Public Library, Minden. Cost $3 each, or two for $5. Call 782-9841 for an appointment.
– Holiday Choir Concert featuring the Great Basin Brass Symphonic Choir, tonight and Tuesday, 7:30 p.m. at Trinity Episcopal Church, 200 Island Ave., Reno. Tickets, information: 784-6847.
– Larry Taylor photography exhibit at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Features native flora of Eagle Valley, Carson Range and Carson territory. Hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Call 883-1976.
– Dake House Victorian Christmas, free tours 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily, 2242 Main St., Genoa. An 1870s Gothic Victorian home decorated for Christmas; hot cider and cookies served. Call 782-4951.
– Western Nevada Community College’s Light up the Holidays, 6:45 p.m. in front of the Bristlecone Building followed by a WNCC Concert Choir performance. Call 445-4410 for information.
– Carson City Chapter of Retired Public Employees of Nevada’s Christmas party, 11:30 a.m. at the Carson Nugget. Call 883-6334.
– Youth talent contest tryouts, 4-8 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Divisions include solo and group dance; solo vocal age 12-younger, 13-older; solo musical instrument, variety. Open to grades one through 12; no bands. Call Joyce at 782-2105.
– Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission meeting, 5:30 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center Sierra Room.
– Louie Fontaine performs through Sunday at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. Tuesday-Thursday and Sunday, 8 p.m.-2 a.m. Friday-Saturday. Call 882-1626.
– Perfect Choice performs through Sunday at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.