Calendar of events
– Carson River Advisory Committee meeting, 6 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center Sierra Room.
– Carson City Democratic Central Committee, 6 p.m. at the State Employee Credit Union, corner of Roop and Robinson streets. Includes potluck. Call Sandy Osheroff at 885-9917.
– Foster/adoptive parent orientation, 6-9 p.m. at Western Nevada Community College. Reservations, information: 687-4943, ext. 250.
– Sierra Nevada Association of Realtors general membership luncheon, 11:30 a.m. at Genoa Lakes Golf Club. Program is affiliates party; $17 with reservation. Call 885-7200 or 588-6363.
– Gold Hill Theater Troupe After Dinner Theater, 8 p.m. in The Great Room, features “The Last Tango in Gold Hill.” Cost $18.50; dinner from 5-7 p.m. Call 847-0111.
– Free Holiday Choir Concert featuring University of Nevada, Reno, Women’s Choir, Chamber Choir, 18-voice semi-professional ensemble and student dance ensemble, 7:30 p.m. at St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church, 100 Bishop Manogue Drive, Reno.
– Larry Taylor’s photography exhibit, Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Features native flora of Eagle Valley, Carson Range and Carson territory. Hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Call 883-1976.
– Louie Fontaine and the Rockets perform at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. today-Thursday and Sunday, 8 p.m.-2 a.m. Friday-Saturday. Call 882-1626.
– Perfect Choice performs through Sunday at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.