Calendar of events
• Carson City Music Club’s ” Two-Piano Recital” 7 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center Performance Hall. Music club members free; Nonmembers $3. Refreshments. Information 882-9517.
• Carson City Convention & Visitors Bureau advisory board meets at 5:30 p.m. in the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St.
• Mile High Jazz Band and Sheryl Adams play 8-10 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. Admission $5. Dance instruction 6-7:30 p.m. Call 883-2662 for information.
• Lyon County Democratic Central Committee, 6 p.m. at the Wigwam Restaurant in Fernley. Call 246-0878.
• Builders Association of Western Nevada annual installation of officers at the Carson Nugget, 507 N. Carson St. Cocktails 6 p.m., dinner starts at 7 p.m. RSVP 882-4353.
• Douglas County Planning commissioners meet 1 p.m. at the county Administration Building, 1616 Eighth St. in Minden.
• Genoa Town Advisory Board meets 7 p.m. in the Town Hall Meeting Room, 2289 Main St.
• The Sidewinders perform through Sunday at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. Tuesday-Thursday and Sunday, 8 p.m.-2 a.m. Friday-Saturday. Call 882-1626.
• Tommy Bell performs through Sunday at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.