Calendar of events
– Carson City Natives and Newcomers meet at 11:30 a.m. at the Carson Nugget. Nevada Appeal City Editor Kurt Hildebrand is the guest speaker; visitors welcome. Call Lois at 882-3512.
– Carson City-Carson Valley Chapter of the Military Officers Association of American dinner meeting, 6 p.m. at the Pinon Plaza. Guest speaker is Cdr. William Glenn on human intelligence operations and concepts. Reservations, information: Walt Maki at 782-2184.
– “Rocking Through the Ages,” a presentation of prom fashions from 1944 to 2004, 7-9 p.m. at Senator Square at Carson High School, a fund-raiser for Carson Performing Arts. Tickets $10 donation; call 887-0438.
– The Act performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. Call 882-1626.
– Jimmy Buffett tribute band Garratt Wilkin and The Parrotheads performs at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Show times are 7, 8:30 and 10 p.m. Call 782-9711.
– Rebirth Brass Band performs at 10 p.m. at the Breeze Nightclub, Crystal Bay. Tickets $10 in advance; 21-older only. Call 337-8344.
– Pockey City performs from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. at Casino Fandango. No cover; call 885-7000.