Calendar of events
– “The World of Carl Sandburg,” presented by the Alliance Repertory Theatre at The Brewery Arts Center, 8 p.m. In lieu of admission fee today, one bag ($15 value) of non-perishable food items may be donated for the Food Bank of Northern Nevada. Tickets $15 general, $12 students/seniors, 15-younger are free. Call 883-1976.
– The Carson City Board of Supervisors honors longtime Carson City resident Jim Thorpe, 8:30 a.m. at the Carson City Community Center Sierra Room, 851 E. William St. Call 887-2100.
– Sierra Nevada Human Resource Association meets at 7:30 a.m. at the Plaza Hotel, 801 S. Carson St. Guest speaker is Frank Flaherty. Members $5; non-members $10. Call 782-9049.
– “What cancer patients need to know about clinical trials” seminar, 6-8 p.m. at Carson-Tahoe Hospital Learning Center. Reservations, information: 886-7477.
– Daughters of Norway Queen Maud Lodge No. 42 meet at 6:30 p.m. at Comstock Mobile Village recreation room, 2601 E. College Parkway. Program is show and tell; bring a special Scandinavian treasure to share. Call 884-3980.
– International Footprint Association meets at 6 p.m. at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden. Guest speaker is Dr. Alanah J. Woody, collections manager for the Nevada State Museum and executive director of the Nevada Rock Art Foundation. Reservations requested, call Ray at 267-4355 or Dorman at 265-9096.
– Art Deco and the New Era perform at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden. Call 782-9711.