Calendar of events
– Carson City supervisors meet 8:30 a.m. in the Sierra Room of the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St.
– Douglas County commissioners meet 1 p.m. in the Douglas County Administration Building, 1616 Eighth St. in Minden.
– Lyon County commissioners meet 9 a.m. in the Lyon County Administrative Complex, 27 S. Main St., in Yerington.
– Author Jan Pierson, “Calamity Jan,” will speak at 4 p.m. at the Carson City Library to youth in grades 4 and up. Call 887-2244, ext. 1004.
– Muscle Powered board of directors meeting, 6 p.m. at Round Table Pizza, 3815 S. Carson St. Requesting comments for promoting walking and bicycling in Carson City. Call 885-2166.
– Carson Valley AARP Chapter No. 3683 meets at 2 p.m. at the Douglas County Senior Center, 2300 Meadow Lane, Gardnerville. Guest speaker is Mark O’Farrell from the Agriculture Extension Office. Call 265-3309.
– Nevada Native Plant Society meets at 7:30 p.m. at Room 104, 1000 Valley Road, Reno. Features Botanical Explorations in Nevada’s Desert Islands. Call 826-8779.
– Stevie and The Stingrays perform at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. Call 882-1626.
– Chazz performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden. Call 782-9711.