Calendar of Events
– “Introduction to Disaster Services” class, 6 p.m. at the Carson City Fire Department Station 1, 777 S. Stewart St. Call 856-1000, ext. 119.
– Carson City Convention and Visitors Bureau meets, 5:30 p.m, Sierra Room of the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St.
– Carson-Tahoe Hospital Auxiliary membership lunch at 11 a.m. at the Carson Nugget. Election of Auxiliary Member of the Year. Cost $15; reservations required. Call 882-0254.
– Light of Hope, a candlelight vigil for child victims of abuse and neglect, 5:30 p.m. at the Nevada State Legislative Mall Amphitheater. Several guest speakers. Call 882-6776 or 782-6247.
– Jazz Travelogue featuring the Mile High Jazz Band with vocalist Sheryl Adams, 8-10 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. Admission $5 general; $4 MHBJB association members, 18-younger free. Call 883-2662.
– Military Retiree Benefits Seminars Plan, sessions at 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. at Little Flower Church, corner of Kietzke and Plumb lanes, Reno.
– The Motifs perform through Sunday at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. Call 882-1626.
– Louie Fontaine performs at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.