Calendar of events
• Genoa Town Advisory Board members meet 7 p.m. at the Town Hall Meeting Room, 2289 Main St.
• Light of Hope, a candlelight vigil for child victims of abuse and neglect, 5:30 p.m. at the Nevada State Legislative Mall Amphitheater with several guest speakers. Call 882-6776 or 782-6247.
• Carson-Tahoe Hospital Auxiliary membership luncheon at 11 a.m. at the Carson Nugget. Election of Auxiliary Member of the Year, cost $15; reservations required. Call Sandy at 882-0254.
• Nevada Artists Association meets at 1 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center GAllery, 449 W. King St. Art demonstration by Kim Kimerling. Call Sabina Bye at 267-9167.
• Jazz Travelogue featuring the Mile High Jazz Band with vocalist Sheryl Adams, 8-10 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. Admission $5 general; $4 MHBJB association members, 18-younger free. Call 883-2662.
• Military Retiree Benefits Seminars Plan, sessions at 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. at Little Flower Church, corner of Kietzke and Plumb lanes, Reno.
• Exhibit by Larry Williamson, “Images of the Great Basin: Dogs, Rabbits & Other Desert Images,” at Nevada Arts Council, 716 N. Carson St. Call 687-6680.
• The Motifs perform at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. Call 882-1626.
• Louie Fontaine performs at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.