Calendar of events
• Northern Nevada Development Authority meets at 5:30 p.m. at the Piñon Plaza. Guest speaker is Sen. John Ensign, R-Nev., who will discuss business and industry issues in regards to Congress. Cost $30; reservations and information 883-4413.
• High Desert Divers meet at 6 p.m. at Grandma Hattie’s Restaurant. Guest speaker is Rich Jeffries, PADI scuba instructor, on taking underwater photos. Open to the public, call 884-3483.
• Carson Valley Desert Brushes meet at 6:30 p.m. at the Johnson Lane Fire Department on Stephanie Way. New painters and beginners welcome. Call 883-7917.
• Gold Hill Theater Troupe presents “The Killing of Milly,” 8 p.m. at the Gold Hill Hotel. Call 847-0111.
• Art exhibit by Larry Williamson, “Images of the Great Basin: Dogs, Rabbits & Other Desert Images,” at Nevada Arts Council, 716 N. Carson St. Call 687-6680.
• The Motifs perform at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. today and Thursday and Sunday, 8 p.m.-2 a.m. Friday-Saturday. Call 882-1626.
• Louie Fontaine performs at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.