Calendar of events
• Carson City supervisors meet 8:30 a.m. in the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St.
• Lyon County commissioners meet 9 a.m. in the Lyon County Administrative Complex, 27. S. Main St., in Yerington.
• Douglas County commissioners meet 1 p.m. in the Douglas County Administrative Building, 175 Highway 50E in Stateline.
• Sierra Nevada Human Resource Association meets at 7:30 a.m. at the Plaza Hotel, 801 S. Carson St., second floor meeting room. Karyn Jensen will present Effective Discipline and Documentation. Fee $5 for members, $10 non-members. Call 782-9049.
• “Cancer Rehab and Chemo Brain – It’s not all in Your Head,” free seminar, 6-8 p.m. at Carson-Tahoe Hospital Learning Center. Reservations, information: 886-7477.
• The Gold Hill Theater Troupe presents “The Unexpected Guest,” 8 p.m. at the Gold Hill Hotel. Call 847-0111.
• UNR Orchestra Spring Concert, 8 p.m. at Nightingale Concert Hall, Reno. Free to the public. Call 784-6145.
• Carson Valley Chapter No. 72 of the International Footprint Association meets at 6 p.m. at Topaz Lodge. Guest speaker is Richard P. Clark, executive director of Nevada Peace Officers and Training Commission. For information or reservations, call 267-4355 or Dorman at 265-9096.
• Art exhibit by Larry Williamson, “Images of the Great Basin: Dogs, Rabbits & Other Desert Images,” at Nevada Arts Council, 716 N. Carson St. Call 687-6680.