Calendar of events
– The Clear Creek Watershed Council will meet at 6 p.m. in the Jacks Valley Elementary School library, 701 Jacks Valley Road. Call Sharon Arnold at 883-8141.
– Political action committee SAFE PAC meets at 6 p.m. at the Douglas County Senior Center, 2300 Meadow Lane, Gardnerville, to support passage of Ballot Question No. 1. Open to the public, call 782-6583.
– Nightingale String Quartet Concert, 8 p.m. at Nightingale Concert Hall on UNR Campus at Reno Church Fine Arts Complex, free. Call 784-6145.
– Presentation on the Medicare Modernization Act of 2003, 9:30-10:30 a.m., Carson City Senior Citizens Center, 911 Beverly Drive, in the dining room. Previewed by Joanne Stewart of the Division for Aging Services. Call 883-0703.
– NARFE Chapter 1329 meets at 11:15 a.m. abut Grandma Hattie’s. Guest speaker is Wendy Knorr, executive director of the Alzheimer’s Association of Northern Nevada. Call 884-3538 or 246-0926.
– Carson City Republican Women meet at 11:30 a.m. at the Carson Nugget. Guest speaker is Richard Morisette, nuclear test engineer. Cost $15; RSVP to Phyllis Furlong at 841-3553.
– Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission meets at 5:30 p.m. in the Sierra Room, Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Call 887-2290.
– Free alternative-health forum, 6-9 p.m. at the Plaza Hotel, 801 S. Carson St. Call 246-7965 or 885-2003.
– Lyon County Democratic Central Committee meets, 6:30 p.m., Dayton Utilities Office, 34 The Lakes Blvd.. Call 246-0878.
– Teaser performs through Sunday at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. Tuesday-Thursday and Sunday, 8 p.m.-2 a.m. Friday-Saturday. Call 882-1626.
– Jeaneane Marie performs through Sunday at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.