Carson City contractor to be tried in two molestations
October 30, 2007
A Carson City contractor will be tried for the alleged molestations of two girls, a judge determined this week.
Robert Hilke Jr., 50, was charged with two felony counts of open and gross lewdness with a child under 14 and six counts of gross misdemeanor open and gross lewdness.
He appeared in Carson City Justice Court on Monday for a preliminary hearing where Justice of the Peace John Tatro determined there was a enough evidence to try Hilke on both felony charges and five gross misdemeanor charges.
According to the criminal complaint filed March 21, Hilke allegedly pulled aside the bathing-suit bottoms of a 9-year-old girl and looked at her on at least two occasions between June and November 2005.
The complaint concerning the six gross misdemeanor charges alleges that between June and December 2005, Hilke repeatedly fondled a then-16-year-old girl. In one count, he allegedly grabbed the victim’s leg and said, “One of these days I am going to have sex with you,” the complaint states.
Hilke remains free on $50,000 bail. He will appear in district court Nov. 13.
Trending In: Local
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand