Carson City fire crews extinguish garage fire
May 30, 2018
On Wednesday at 2:41 a.m., the Carson City Fire Department responded to a house fire in the 3300 block of Orovada Drive in southeast Carson City.
Firefighters from first fire engine arrived at 2:48 a.m. and observed heavy fire from the attached garage of a two-story house. Firefighters took action to rapidly extinguish the fire and ensure all occupants were safe. The occupants and several pets escaped the fire; one occupant had a minor injury and declined medical treatment.
The fire was confined to the garage; damage is estimated at $60,000. The four occupants and several pets were displaced due to smoke and fire damage. A total of 15 firefighters battled the blaze. The cause is under investigation.
Trending In: Local
- A football game for the ages: Fallon, Truckee battle for 3A supremacy
- Battle Born Memorial damaged by teens on bikes, scooters
- Felony drug arrest at hardware store, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Supervisors reinstate traffic enforcement program
- Ignition interlock now required for all Nevada DUI arrests