Carson City group with Standing Rock
November 25, 2016
A diverse group of about 90 local and regional people protest the construction of the DAPL pipeline. People from all walks of life stood together and marched in downtown Carson City on Friday. The group included people of many backgrounds, artists, firefighters, cooks, store clerks, doctors lawyers, and American Indian Movement representatives. The group is concerned that if built the pipeline would run through sacred ground on the Standing Rock Reservation in North Dakota. And would threaten scores of lakes and streams along its course on the reservation in both North and South Dakota.
Trending In: Local
- Ormsby House likely to be retail/housing, Carson City supervisors told
- Empire Ranch Golf Course sale falls through
- Squaw Valley worker emerges from avalanche wrecked, but alive
- Live coverage of winter storm: Carson City offices closed today; 13 inches of snow falls in Carson City.
- Carson City Sheriff’s seek help in road rage incident