Carson City Health Inspections | NevadaAppeal.com

Carson City Health Inspections

Carson City Health Department’s food-service inspections for June 11. All scores are on a 100-point scale, with points deducted depending on the severity of violations:

Arco AM PM, 720 S. Carson St. and 4190 S. Carson St., scored 100 points.

The Basil, 311 N. Carson St., 100 points.

Boys & Girls Clubs of Western Nevada, 1870 Russell Way, 100 points.

Courtyard by Marriott, bar and lounge, 3870 S. Carson St., 100 points.

Food For Thought, 3256 N. Carson St., Suite 118, 100 points.

Taco Bell, 4539 N. Carson St., 100 points.

The Thick Slice Pizza, 2010 E. William St., 100 points.

Subway, 2073, E. Highway 50, Suite 1, 99 points. There was dust buildup inside the chimney over the oven. The area above the soda nozzles on the customer dispenser was sticky.

Red Hut Cafe, 4385 S. Carson St., 98 points. Gravy was not heated to 165 degrees before being placed in a warmer.

Kei Sushi, 3220 E. Highway 50, Suite 4, 97 points. The dishwasher was not sanitizing at 50 parts per million of chlorine concentration, corrected on site. Areas inside the upper half of the ice machine were dirty.

Mom & Pop’s Diner, 224 S. Carson St., 94 points. Sauces were not labeled properly. Floors were dirty in hard to reach areas, as well as walls, ceilings and electrical cables. A certified food handler was not on site.

Heidi’s Family Restaurant, 1020 N. Carson St., 93 points. The meat slicer and wire racks in the walk-in refrigerator as well as cooking equipment were dirty. Deposits of hard water calcium were found on the top of the dishwasher. Dry cloth towels were being used to wipe spills and store clean work utensils around the grill. Fluorescent light bulbs were not properly shielded. Cloth exhaust hood screens were coated in food oil.

Red’s Old 395 Grill, 1055 S. Carson St., 93 points. Food in the walk-in freezer were not properly dated or labeled. Cold food were at 46 degrees; other food items were not covered properly. The waste food oil storage area was poorly maintained. Exhaust hood baffles did not cover the exhaust hood. On a follow-up inspection, the restaurant scored 98 points; the waste oil disposal area was still poorly maintained, and the exhaust hood baffles were still too short.

Yang’s Kitchen, 111 E. Telegraph St., 91 points. The sink near the dishwasher was not easily accessible. Food in the walk-in refrigerator, reach-in refrigerators and freezers were not dated and labeled. Knives and meat cleavers were stored between preparation tables and other equipment. Magnetic knife racks and exterior surfaces of three rice cookers were dirty. Spilled waste cooking oil was found on the ground in the waste storage area outside the restaurant.

Garibaldi’s, 307 N. Carson St., 90 points. The thermometer inside the make-up reach-in was inaccurate. The ice machine and the meat slicer were dirty. The kitchen sink’s cold water faucet was broken, and the hand wash soap was watered down. Two tiles were missing at either side of the steel enclosure behind the grill area. Walls around the three-compartment sink showed signs of black mold. A certified food handler was not on site.

Silver State Charter School, 900 Mallory Way, 100 points.

Courtyard by Marriott, Market Place, 3870 S. Carson St., 87 points. A reach-in unit under the grill held a temperature of 56 degrees. Two chemical spray bottles of liquids were not labeled. There was no certified food handler on duty.

Port of Subs, 1621 E. Highway 50, Suite B, 83 points. Two spray bottles of chemical liquids were not labeled. The ice scoop handle was found in the customer ice at the drive-thru window, corrected on site. There was water buildup inside the service counter reach-in, whose thermometer was also broken. The basins of the three-compartment sink were not properly set up for dish washing. Wiping cloths were being soaked in the three-compartment sink. There was black biofilm buildup on the walls of the upper half of the ice machine. There was thick dust buildup inside the chimney over the oven. Paper towels at the hand sink were not in a dispenser. There was no certified food handler on site.