Carson City man arrested after allegedly hiding firearm under child’s seat
September 25, 2007
A Carson City father was in custody Tuesday after he allegedly threatened someone with a loaded weapon, then hid the weapon under his child’s car seat.
Macario Ortiz, 24, a tile worker, was arrested at 5:44 p.m. Monday on College Parkway on suspicion of felony assault with a deadly weapon and child endangerment.
According to the arrest report, Ortiz, an admitted gang member, allegedly pointed a gun at the employee of a Carson Street business about 4:30 p.m. Monday.
The victim reported Monday’s incident was the second time he’d been threatened in this manner by Ortiz.
About 5 p.m. officers located Ortiz on College Parkway in a car with his children.
When officers asked him about a weapon, he was allegedly uncooperative.
Recommended Stories For You
After being handcuffed, Ortiz told police the weapon was under the car seat where his child had been sitting, the report states. Officers allegedly recovered a loaded .45-caliber handgun.
Ortiz is being held on $25,000 bail.
Trending In: Local
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson City lawyer finalist for judicial vacancy
- Carson City sets aside site for affordable housing