Carson City man Juan Alvarado-Zavala killed in Bridgeport collision
February 26, 2018
A Carson City man was identified as the victim in a fatal vehicle rollover south of Bridgeport on Friday.
Juan Alvarado-Zavala was the driver of a white 2006 GMC.
Alvarado-Zavala was southbound on Highway 395 at about 7:15 a.m. when he came across a slower vehicle.
When he stepped on the brakes, the pickup started to spin, hit the west shoulder and overturned into Virginia Creek.
Both passengers were able to escape the rising water, but the driver was trapped.
Alvarado-Zavala had to be cut from the pickup's wreckage by Bridgeport volunteer firefighters.
Recommended Stories For You
He was taken to Mammoth Lakes Hospital by paramedics, but succumbed to his injuries.
The highway was slick on Friday because of snowfall earlier that morning.
The California Highway Patrol reports the accident is still under investigation.
Trending In: Local
- Amid cheers, Fallon City Council bans recreational cannabis in 3-0 vote
- Grouchy’s barbershop serves more than 500 customers in first 2 months
- Man arrested on 11 counts of sexual assault, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Man injured in Carson City rollover crash
- Author from Carson City trailer park providing hope