Carson City membership tea spotlights powerful women
May 15, 2018
More than 120 attendees assembled at the Governor's Mansion for the membership tea hosted by the Carson City Republican Women on April 21.
The theme, "Women Bringing Light to the World," showcased several stories told by members of the club and others from the community.
The stories gave insight into what women are capable of accomplishing in order to make their lives and the lives around them whole.
Monica Jaye, former KOH radio host, was the emcee for the event. Membership Vice President Janice Baldwin and her committee welcomed members and guests.
Lynne Heller, who's married to U.S. Sen. Dean Heller, sang the national anthem and "God Bless America."
Members of the club decorated their own tables with place settings and centerpieces for all to enjoy.
Recommended Stories For You
New members were welcomed to enjoy the afternoon among "Women Bringing Light to the World."
Trending In: Local
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office Marine Unit pulls body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe
- Busy Saturday set for Carson City
- Man held on felony domestic battery, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Male’s remains found inside truck retrieved from Lahontan Reservoir
- Carson City supervisors re-consider Lompa plan