Carson City offers options for recycling Christmas trees
December 28, 2007
You can recycle your Christmas trees by leaving them on your curb for Capital Sanitation to pick up.
As in previous years Christmas trees can be placed curbside on your regular collection day or taken to one of the drop-off locations.
Trees will be chipped in the springtime and given to residents to use for mulch in their yards. Last year, tree recycling efforts kept 55.15 tons of wood waste out of the landfill.
Curbside collection is Tuesday and Wednesday.
You may also drop your tree off at the following recycling receptacles through Wednesday: JC Penney parking lot, Northtown Shopping Center, Carson City Corporate Yard on Butti Way and the Carson City Landfill.
Starting Thursday, take your Christmas Tree to one of the following locations for recycling: Carson City Renewable Resources and the Carson City Landfill
Recommended Stories For You
Remove all decorations, lights, tinsel and bases from the tree before recycling.
For more information, contact the Environmental Control Authority at 887-2355 ext. 1048, 1054 or 1069.
Trending In: Local
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand