Carson City Road Report
The following information applies to the period of Oct. 10-16:
Beginning Tuesday and continuing through Thursday, Saliman Road will be closed in the southbound direction between Fairview Drive and Colorado Street. One lane of traffic will remain open in the northbound direction.
Butti Way will remain closed between Fairview Drive and Airport Road due to construction of a water line. In addition, Airport Road will be closed between Butti Way and Desatoya Drive. During construction, those wishing to access the Public Works building may do so via Fairview Drive to westbound Butti Way. Those wishing to access the Parks and Recreation Department offices or the Jump Around Carson transit office may do so via the south gate to the Public Works Corporate Yard off of Butti Way, south of Airport Road. The road closures are expected to remain in place until the end of October.
A project to complete a new north-south water transmission line on the east side of Carson City will result in one lane traffic with flagger controls from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays for the following roads:
• Edmonds Drive between S. Lompa Drive and Fairview Drive
• Damon Road between Tucker Court and South Edmonds Drive
• South Lompa Lane south of Edmonds Drive
• Conte Drive from Valley View Drive to Snyder Avenue
• Conte Drive from Damon Road to Sinbad Street
• Bigelow Drive from Race Track Road to Snyder Avenue
• Snyder Avenue from Bigelow Drive to Conte Drive
Clearview Drive is closed between Edmonds Drive and Line Drive for construction on the next phase of the Nevada Department of Transportation freeway project. Detours are marked. The road is expected to reopen in October.
Pavement striping will occur in the area within the approximate boundary of Colorado Street to the north, Koontz Lane to the south, Edmonds Drive to the east, and Carson Street to the west.
The following activity is expected due to utility work:
• Work will occur on North Edmonds Street between Gordon Street and Brown Street. There will be flagger-controlled traffic, and minor delays are possible.
• On Thursday and Friday, the left-turn lane from northbound Fairview Drive to eastbound Gordon Street will be closed.
• On Thursday, Knoblock Road will be reduced to one lane with flagger-controlled traffic near the intersection with Panamint Road.
There will be roadwork on Stanton Drive between Siskiyou Drive and La Loma Drive, and on Selby Street between Siskiyou Drive and La Loma Drive due to pedestrian improvements. Minor delays are possible.
On Monday and Tuesday, work will be done on the shoulder on both sides of Stewart Street at King Street to install pedestrian flashers for the crosswalk.
For more information, call Patrick Pittenger at 887-2355 ext. 7396.