Carson City road report for July 12-18
For the week of July 12-18:
The Roop Street widening project will continue this week with the following impacts expected:
• Effective Thursday, Roop Street will be closed to through traffic from William Street to Robinson Street. This closure will last until Sept. 1.
• The intersection of Caroline Street and Roop Street will be closed to through traffic from Thursday through Sept. 1st. Traffic may cross Roop Street at Washington Street.
• Roop Street is closed from William Street to Stewart Street through the completion of the project. Traffic may cross Roop Street at Corbett Street and at Long Street.
The inside lane on South Carson Street will be closed between Clearview Drive and the Spooner Junction in both directions on July 11-16, between the night hours of 9 p.m. and 5:30 a.m. due to work on the median.
Because of water utility improvements, the following lane closures are expected:
• Fairview Drive may be reduced to a single lane between Butti Way and the Fifth Street roundabout with flaggers on weekdays during daytime hours.
• Butti Way will be reduced to a single lane between Airport Road and Fairview Drive with flaggers on weekdays during daytime hours.
As a result of the next phase of the NDOT project on the freeway, Koontz Lane will be closed between Raglan Circle and Edmonds Drive until January.
The Nevada Department of Transportation is working to add a third northbound lane on Hwy. 395 between Jacks Valley Road and Lupin Drive. The following activity is expected for this project:
• Work continues with single-lane closures on northbound Highway 395 between Jacks Valley Road and Lupin Drive between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. Shoulder work will continue during the daytime hours with no impacts to traffic.
• Work on Lupin Drive continues at the intersection with Hwy. 395/Old Clear Creek Road. A single-lane closure and flagger-controlled traffic will be in place with minor delays expected. Working hours will be 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
On Monday, Nevada Street will be closed between John Street and Fleischmann Road between the hours of 7 a.m. and 6 p.m.
Shoulder work will occur on Carson River Road, just south of Buzzy’s Ranch Road Monday and Tuesday between the hours of
7 a.m. and 6 p.m. No delays are expected, but please use caution.
The following closures will occur due to special events:
• John Street will be closed between Curry Street and Carson Street Saturday from 2-11 p.m.
• Proctor Street will be closed between Curry Street and Carson Street Friday from
• Fourth Street will be closed between Curry Street and Carson Street Saturday from 3-10 p.m.
For more information, call Patrick Pittenger at 887-2355 ext. 30396.