Carson City road report for July 5-11
For the week of July 5-11:
The Roop Street widening project will continue this week with the following impacts expected:
• Effective Thursday, Roop Street will be closed to through traffic from William Street to Robinson Street. This closure will last until Sept. 1.
• The intersection of Caroline Street and Roop Street will be closed to through traffic from Thursday through Sept. 1. Traffic may cross Roop Street at Washington Street.
• Long Street will be closed to through traffic from the Marian Avenue intersection to the Stewart Street intersection Tuesday through Thursday. Eastbound Long Street traffic will be detoured at Stewart Street to Lee Street and Beverly Drive, while westbound Long Street traffic will be detoured at Marian Avenue to Beverly Drive.
• Roop Street is closed from William Street to Stewart Street through the completion of the project. Traffic may cross Roop Street at Corbett Street and at Long Street after Thursday.
Because of water utility improvements, the following lane closures are expected:
• Fairview Drive may be reduced to a single lane between Butti Way and the Fifth Street roundabout with flaggers on weekdays during daytime hours.
• Butti Way will be reduced to a single lane between Airport Road and Fairview Drive with flaggers on weekdays during daytime hours.
As a result of the next phase of the NDOT project on the freeway, Koontz Lane will be closed between Raglan Circle and Edmonds Drive until January.
The Nevada Department of Transportation is working to add a third northbound lane on Highway 395 between Jacks Valley Road and Lupin Drive. The following activity is expected for this project:
• Work continues with single-lane closures on northbound Highway 395 between Jacks Valley Road and Lupin Drive between 8 p.m. and
5 a.m. Shoulder work will continue during the daytime hours with no impacts to
• Work on Lupin Drive continues at the intersection with Highway 395 and Old Clear Creek Road. A single-lane closure and flagger-controlled traffic will be in place with minor delays expected. Working hours will be 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• Idaho Street will be closed to northbound traffic between Industrial Parkway and Fairview Drive, Wednesday and Thursday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sidewalk improvements will be taking place on Saliman Road in front of Fremont Elementary School. No delays are expected, but please use caution.
The following closures will occur because of special events:
• Proctor Street will be closed between Curry Street and Carson Street Friday from 7-11 p.m.
• Third Street will be closed between Curry Street and Carson Street on Friday from 2-11 p.m.
For more information, call Patrick Pittenger at 887-2355 ext. 30396.