Carson City Road report for June 10-16
The following information applies to Monday through June 16:
• On Monday, the northbound lane on Roop Street will be closed from Winnie Lane to Northridge Drive. Detours will be marked.
• Due to continued construction of the Carson City Freeway project, Snyder Avenue is closed between East Roland Street and Center Drive. Center and Silver Sage drives also are closed south of Appion Way. Bennett Avenue is closed between Ponderosa and Bigelow drives. Bigelow Drive has been permanently closed between Roland Street and Bennett Avenue. Detours are marked.
• On Thursday, the outside eastbound lane on College Parkway will be closed near Market Street. Access to Market Street will remain open.
• On June 17, the Carson City Freeway (I-580) will be closed from U.S. Highway 50 East to Fairview Drive from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. the following morning due to maintenance. Detours will be signed. If necessary, the freeway will be closed the following night during the same hours until the project is complete.
• There will be road work, with no expected delays, at the following locations: Long Street between Humboldt Lane and Rand Avenue; and Nye Lane between Hot Springs Road and Northgate Lane.
• The following streets will be closed from noon to midnight Saturday for a special event: Telegraph Street from Carson Street to Nevada Street; Curry Street from King Street to Spear Street; West Proctor Street from Carson Street to Curry Street; East Proctor Street from Carson Street to Plaza Street; Musser Street from Carson Street to Nevada Street; Second Street form Carson Street to Curry Street; Third Street form Carson Street to Curry Street; and Fourth Street form Carson Street to Curry Street.
• On Saturday, Ann Street will be closed from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. from Carson Street to Plaza Street due to a special event.