Carson City road report for March 29-April 4
The Roop Street widening project will continue this week with the following impacts expected:
• Beginning at 2:30 a.m. today William Street will be closed at Roop Street until 5:30 a.m. Monday. Westbound traffic will be detoured at Saliman Road and eastbound traffic will be detoured at Stewart Street.
• Roop Street is closed from William Street to Stewart Street through the completion of the project.
• Roop Street will be closed from William Street to East Robinson Street.
• William Street, eastbound and westbound left turn lanes at Roop Street closed.
• The intersections of Park Street, Adams Street, Lee Street, and John Street with Roop Street will be closed to through traffic until project completion. Traffic may cross Roop Street at Corbett Street and Long Street.
• The intersections of Caroline Street and Washington Street with Roop Street will be closed to through traffic until Monday.
Goni Road will be reduced to a single lane between Conestoga Drive and South Sutro with flaggers on weekdays between 9 a.m. and
3 p.m. Additionally, work will continue in the vicinity of the intersection of Goni Road and Arrowhead Drive. Minor delays are expected.
Minor delays are expected on Washington Street between Carson and Walsh streets due to sidewalk improvements.
For more information, call Daniel Doenges at 887-2355.
Secret Witness turns 40 this year – and it’s helped solve many of Northern Nevada’s most violent crimes
Secret Witness tips have played a pivotal role in solving some of the most violent crimes the greater Northern Nevada region has seen. To date, Secret Witness has paid out more than $300,000 in rewards to anonymous tipsters. Rewards range from $50 (graffiti/tagging) to $1,500 (armed robbery) to $2,500 (murder).