Carson City road report for May 10-16
The Nevada Department of Transportation will begin work to add a third northbound lane on Highway 395 between Jacks Valley Road and Lupin Drive. The following activity is expected for this project.
• Work begins May 11 with single-lane closures on northbound Highway 395 between Jacks Valley Road and Lupin Drive between 8 p.m. and
5 a.m. Shoulder work will continue during the daytime hours with no impacts to
• Work on Lupin Drive at the intersection with Highway 395/Old Clear Creek Road beings Monday. A single-lane closure and flagger-controlled traffic will be in place with minor delays expected. Working hours will be 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The city will begin a micropaving project that will occur at various locations. Work will occur daily from
7 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the following locations over the course of the week beginning Wednesday and continuing through Saturday and Sunday. A single lane will be maintained with flaggers:
• Arrowhead Drive from Carson Street to Goni Road.
• College Parkway from Highway 50 to Airport Road.
• Arrowhead Drive from Goni Road to Highway 50.
As a result of the next phase of the NDOT project on the freeway, as well as Carson City street crews widening key intersections and continuing utility work, the following activities will occur:
• Colorado Street is permanently closed between Blue Haven Lane and Edmonds Drive and construction of a cul-de-sac on Colorado Street east of Blue Haven Lane will begin.
• Edmonds Drive will be closed to through traffic from Fairview Drive to Snyder Avenue, daily from 7 a.m. to
• Clearview Drive will be reduced to one lane with flaggers between Edmonds Drive and Line Drive just west of Edmonds from 7 a.m. to
7 p.m. daily.
Due to water utility improvements, the following activities are scheduled to occur:
• Fairview Drive will be reduced to a single lane between Butti Way and the Fifth Street roundabout with flaggers on weekdays during daytime hours.
• The east end of Hells Bells Road between Riparian Way and Marsh Road will be closed to through traffic (local traffic allowed) all week. Detours will be marked.
• Work will continue on East Fifth Street near Well Way. North of the median, East Fifth Street will be open to two-way traffic, while a portion south of the median will be closed.
The Roop Street widening project will continue this week with the following impacts expected:
• Long Street will be closed at the Roop Street intersection from 7 a.m. Monday to 7 p.m. Tuesday. Eastbound Long Street traffic will be detoured at Stewart Street to Lee Street and Beverly Drive, while westbound Long Street traffic will be detoured at Marian Avenue to Beverly Drive.
• Roop Street is closed from William Street to Stewart Street through the completion of the project. Traffic may cross Roop Street at Corbett Street and at Long Street after it is re-opened on Tuesday.
The following activities are scheduled to occur due to sidewalk and related improvements:
• Work will continue on East Fifth Street between the Fairview Drive roundabout and Carson River Road/Hells Bells Road.
• Work will continue in the vicinity of the intersection of Goni Road and Arrowhead Drive.
• Minor delays are expected on Washington Street between Carson and Walsh Streets.
Proctor Street will be closed between Curry Street and Carson Street for a special event Wednesday from 3 p.m. to 11 p.m., and on Friday from 7-11 p.m.
For more information, call Daniel Doenges at 887-2355.