Carson City road report for May 31-June 7
For the week of May 31-June 7:
Micropaving work will occur daily from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the following locations, weather permitting. A single lane will be maintained with flaggers:
• Koontz Lane from Hillview Drive to Center Drive, and from Carson Street to Curry Street.
• Winnie Lane from Ash Canyon Road to Mountain Street.
• Ormsby Boulevard from King Street to 200 yards north of Washington Street.
• Ash Canyon Road from Ormsby Boulevard to Winnie Lane.
• Washington Street from Carson Street to Nevada Street.
• Roop Street from Fifth Street to Colorado Street.
• Edmonds Drive will be closed to through traffic from South Lompa Lane to Snyder Avenue on June 1 and 2 due to work being done at the intersections with Koontz Lane and Clearview Drive. Detours will be marked.
• Koontz Lane will be closed between Raglan Circle and Edmonds Drive until early 2011.
• Fairview Drive will be closed Tuesday from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. between Butti Way and the Fifth Street roundabout. Detours will be marked. Fairview Drive will be reduced to a single lane between Butti Way and the Fifth Street roundabout with flaggers Wednesday-Friday during daytime hours.
• The east end of Hells Bells Road between Riparian Way and Marsh Road will be closed to through traffic (local traffic allowed) all week. Detours will be marked.
• Long Street will be closed at the Roop Street intersection from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday. Eastbound Long Street traffic will be detoured at Stewart Street to Lee Street and Beverly Drive, while westbound Long Street traffic will be detoured at Marian Avenue to Beverly Drive.
• Lee Street will be closed between Stewart Street and Roop Street intersection from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. June 2.
• Beverly Drive will be closed at Roop Street to Marian Avenue from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
• Hwy. 50 East will be closed at Roop Street from 2:30 a.m. June 6 to 5:30 a.m. June 7. Westbound through traffic will be detoured at North Saliman Road to Robinson Street, while the eastbound through traffic will be detoured at North Stewart Street to Long Street. Northbound Roop Street traffic will be detoured at Washington Street
• Roop Street is closed from William Street to Stewart Street through the completion of the project. Traffic may cross Roop Street at Corbett Street and at Long Street after it is re-opened on the 1st.
• Work continues with single-lane closures on northbound Hwy. 395 between Jacks Valley Road and Lupin Drive between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. Shoulder work will continue during the daytime hours with no impacts to traffic.
• Work on Lupin Drive continues at the intersection with Hwy. 395/Old Clear Creek Road. A single-lane closure and flagger-controlled traffic will be in place with minor delays expected. Working hours will be 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Work will continue on East Fifth Street between the Fairview Drive roundabout and Carson River Road/Hells Bells Road for sidewalk and related improvements.
The following closures will occur on Friday due to special events:
• Proctor Street will be closed between Curry Street and Carson Street from 7-11 p.m.
• Curry Street will be closed between William Street and Sophia Street from noon to 6 p.m.
• Third Street will be closed between Carson Street and Curry Street from 2-11 p.m.
For more information, call Patrick Pittenger at 887-2355 Ext. 30396.