Carson City road report for Nov. 29-Dec. 5
For the week of Nov. 29-Dec. 5:
On Thursday from 5:30-8 p.m., the annual Christmas tree lighting will occur, and a parade will take place. This event will close the following streets:
• Carson Street from Robinson Street to Fifth Street
• West Musser Street from North Carson Street to North Nevada Street
• North Nevada Street from West Musser Street to West King Street.
The Roop Street widening project is continuing and is expected to be completed by the end of 2010. The following impacts are expected this week:
• Roop Street is closed from William Street to Stewart Street through the completion of the project.
• Long Street will be closed from Stewart Street to Marian Street. Traffic will be detoured via Stewart Street, Corbett Street, and Molly Drive.
• Beverly Drive will be closed to through traffic at Roop Street.
• Traffic crossing Roop Street may do so at Corbett Street.
NDOT will continue working on a freeway landscaping project at the Fifth Street overpass over the freeway and at the Fairview Drive Interch-ange. Single-lane closures are expected on the northbound on ramp from Fairview Drive to the freeway. No delays are expected. Single-lane closures with flaggers are also expected on Fairview Drive and on 5th Street in the vicinity of the freeway, with minor delays expected.
As a result of the next phase of the NDOT project on the freeway, Koontz Lane will be closed between Raglan Circle and Edmonds Drive until January.
In addition, southbound traffic on Edmonds Drive at Koontz Lane will continue to experience a lane shift and temporary traffic control for the next several weeks as the connection of Koontz Lane to Edmonds Drive is constructed. This lane shift will be in effect from 7 a.m.-
5 p.m. during weekdays.
Saliman Road will be reduced to one lane in the southbound direction between Colorado Street and Sonoma Street, and Heather Way is closed at Saliman Road due to sidewalk improvements.
Construction will continue near the intersection of Northridge Drive and Russell Way for the Fulstone Wetlands Enhancement project. Work will be off-street, but there may be occasional delays due to construction activity. Pedestrians are advised to use the sidewalk on the south side of Northridge Drive.
There will be utility work along Goni Road between College Parkway and Old Hot Springs Road. Goni Road will remain open, but there may be occasional short delays.