Carson City road report for the week of Sept. 6-12
For the week of Sept. 6-12:
• Koontz Lane will be closed between Raglan Circle and Edmonds Drive until January 2011.
• There will be daytime lane closures on Carson Street near Silver Oak Drive for improvements. Minor delays expected.
The Roop Street widening project is continuing and is expected to be completed by the end of 2010. The following impacts are expected this week:
• Highway 50 will be closed to through traffic between Stewart Street and Saliman Road Sept. 12 from midnight to 8 p.m.
• Highway 50 will have intermittent lane closures at Roop Street. A single travel lane may be restricted from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for eastbound traffic or a single-travel lane may be restricted from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. for westbound traffic.
• Long Street will be closed to through traffic from Stewart Street to Marian Avenue and closed to all traffic at the intersection with Roop Street from Tuesday through Thursday.
• Roop Street will be closed to through traffic at Robinson Street. Local business traffic and patrons of the Carson City Community Center will have access via Roop Street but may also use William Street. Library patrons should use Stewart Street to Washington Street for access.
• The intersection of Caroline Street and Roop Street will be closed to through traffic.
• Roop Street is closed from William Street to Stewart Street through the completion of the project. Traffic may cross Roop Street at Corbett Street, though Corbett Street will have intermittent lane closures with flagger control.
The Nevada Department of Transportation is working to add a third northbound lane on Highway 395 between Jacks Valley Road and Lupin Drive. Work continues with single-lane closures on northbound Highway 395 between Sunridge Drive and Lupin Drive between 8 p.m. and
5 a.m. Shoulder work will continue during the daytime hours with no impacts to traffic.
Because of water utility improvements, Hells Bells Road between Riparian Way and Marsh Road will be closed to through traffic (local traffic allowed) all week. Detours are marked.
Landscape improvements will occur along the shoulders on Fifth Street near the intersection of Carson River Road. Minimal delays are possible.
NDOT will be performing maintenance at the junction of Old Highway 395 and Hobart Road on Wednesday and possibly Thursday. Traffic will be reduced to one lane with a flagger. Minimal delays are expected.
Third Street will be closed between Curry Street and Carson Street Friday from 2-11 p.m. for a special event.