Carson City road report for this week
The following information applies to through Sunday:
The Nevada Department of Transportation is working to add a third northbound lane on Hwy. 395 between Jacks Valley Road and Lupin Drive.
The following activity is expected for this project.
• Work continues with single-lane closures on northbound Highway 395 between Jacks Valley Road and Lupin Drive between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. Shoulder work will continue during the daytime hours with no impacts to traffic.
• Work on Lupin Drive continues at the intersection with Highway 395/Old Clear Creek Road. A single-lane closure and flagger-controlled traffic will be in place with minor delays expected. Working hours will be 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The city micropaving project continues at various locations. Work will occur daily from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the following locations over the course of the week including work on Sunday. A single lane will be maintained with flaggers at:
• Fairview Drive from Edmonds Drive to US Highway 50.
• Edmonds Drive from Fairview Drive to Damon Road.
• Roop Street from Colorado Street to Fifth Street.
• Koontz Lane from Carson Street to Curry Street.
As a result of the next phase of the NDOT project on the freeway, Carson City street crews widening key intersections and continued utility work, the following activities will occur:
• Edmonds Drive will be closed to through traffic from Clearview Drive to Valley View Drive, daily from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Detours will be marked.
• Clearview Drive will be reduced to one lane with flaggers between Edmonds Drive and Line Drive (just west of Edmonds) from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
Due to water utility improvements, the following activities are scheduled to occur:
• Fairview Drive will be reduced to a single lane between Butti Way and the Fifth Street roundabout, with flaggers on weekdays during daytime hours.
• The east end of Hells Bells Road between Riparian Way and Marsh Road will be closed to through traffic (local traffic allowed) all week. Detours will be marked.
• Work will continue on East Fifth Street near Well Way. Eastbound East Fifth Street will be closed between Pasture Drive and Roundup Road, but the westbound lane will be open to two-way traffic.
The Roop Street widening project will continue this week with the following impacts expected:
• Long Street will be closed at the Roop Street intersection from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. May 17-20. Eastbound Long Street traffic will be detoured at Stewart Street to Lee Street and Beverly Drive, while westbound Long Street traffic will be detoured at Marian Avenue to Beverly Drive.
• Roop Street is closed from William Street to Stewart Street through the completion of the project. Traffic may cross Roop Street at Corbett Street and at Long Street after it is re-opened on the 21st.
The following activities are scheduled to occur due to sidewalk and related improvements:
• Work will continue on East Fifth Street between the Fairview Drive roundabout and Carson River Road/Hells Bells Road.
• Work will continue on Washington Street between Carson and Walsh streets.
Proctor Street will be closed between Curry Street and Carson Street for a special event May 21 from 7-11 p.m. p.m.
For more information, call Patrick Pittenger at 887-2355 Ext. 30396.