Carson City Sheriff’s Department awarded
December 9, 2004
The Carson City Sheriff’s Department was recognized as a national award winner for its participation in the 21st annual National Night Out crime, drug and violence prevention program, said Lt. Ray Saylo.
Sheriff Kenny Furlong was presented a plaque by the National Association of Town Watch on Monday for the August event held at Mills Park.
“They recognized that we are making efforts to reach out into the community and join hands in fighting crime,” Furlong said. Of the more than 10,000 communities that participated nationwide, the plaque recognizes Carson City as having one of the nation’s best events.
Saylo said more than 2,000 residents of Carson City attended the day-long event this summer. Also in attendance were representatives from the Carson City Fire Department, Nevada Department of Public Safety, Nevada Division of Forestry, U.S. Bureau of Land Management, the Nevada National Guard and the Search and Rescue unit from Naval Air Station Fallon.
Trending In: Local
- Seaside, California, man dies while skiing at Lake Tahoe
- Bill would eliminate death penalty in Nevada
- Public Utilities Commission: Nevada doesn’t get advance notice of plutonium shipments
- Revamped Carson City theater holds 2 opening nights
- Apple finishes Reno warehouse, announces Northern Nevada expansion