Carson City Sheriff’s Log 6/28
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• Martin Reyes, 29, of Carson City, was arrested Friday at 2:20 a.m. near the intersection of Menlo and Lompa Lane for felony residential burglary. A man and his 15-year-old daughter reported that a man has snuck into their apartment while they were sleeping and attempted to steal a wallet. Earlier, the daughter said the same man had tried to coax her to come outside and have a beer with him. Deputies stopped Reyes as he was leaving the area because he matched the description supplied by the victims. Bail was set at $25,000.
• Two men were arrested Friday morning on felony drug charges. On a tip from a source, deputies stopped Jose Reyes-Castellanos, 44, of Reno, and Tommy Joseph Ramirez, 43, no address given, at 12:20 a.m. in the 100 block of Hospitality Way. The two were allegedly on their way to deliver methamphetamine to a buyer. A search found meth, a glass pipe, and a pill bottle containing Methadone and Xanax. Ramirez was charged with four felonies: Possession of controlled substance (meth), possession of controlled substance (meth) with intent to sell, possession of controlled substance (Methadone) and possession of controlled substance (Xanax). His bail was set at $15,000. Reyes-Castellanos was charged with two felonies: Possession of controlled substance (meth) and possession of controlled substance (meth) with intent to sell. He was also charged with four misdemeanors: possession of drug paraphernalia, driving on a suspended license, driving with suspended registration, and a turn signal violation. His bail was set at $15,000.
• Melissa Dale Wyatt, 41, of Carson City, was arrested Thursday at 7:46 p.m. in the 600 block of South Division Street for felony drug trafficking. Wyatt was arrested at her home on an arrest warrant issued by Carson City Justice Court. Bail was set at $25,000.
• Shawna Marie Vernon, 30, of Carson City, was arrested Friday at 7 p.m. at Silver Sage and Pioche for felony third offense DUI, gross misdemeanor child endangerment, misdemeanor failure to use child restraints and misdemeanor failure to maintain lane. Vernon was stopped after she was spotted swerving out of her travel lane by a deputy. She had a 12-month-old child with her in the car, in a car seat that was not fastened to the vehicle. Vernon allegedly claimed she had not had any alcohol to drink, but had taken Xanax, Amitripolene and half a Vicodin earlier in the day. After failing a field sobriety test, a preliminary breath test showed a blood alcohol level of .282. The suspect had three prior arrests and two convictions for DUI. When she was being booked, she allegedly told deputies that she had drunk “a fifth of Jack Daniels.” Bail was set at $12,500.
• Gabino Garcia-Tapia, 39, of Carson City, was arrested Saturday at 9:32 a.m. in the 2200 block of Lompa Lane on a felony warrant for non-sufficient funds checks. Officers spotted Garcia-Tapia inside a residence and took him into custody. Bail was set at $1,500.
• A 20-year-old Mound House man was arrested Wednesday at 10 p.m. in the 1300 block of Como Street for misdemeanor probation violation. Bail was set at $3,000.
• A 43-year-old Indian Hills man was arrested Thursday at 8 a.m. for misdemeanor contempt of court. Bail was set at $1,191.
Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of individuals committing crimes. If you have any information call 775-322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is 775-283-1799. Callers always remain anonymous.