Carson City Sheriff’s log Jan. 1
The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• A 55-year-old unemployed Carson City man was arrested at 11:35 p.m. Wednesday in the 3500 block of Woodside Drive on suspicion of misdemeanor drunken driving. Bail was set at $3,132.
• A 19-year-old California man was arrested at 3:46 p.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of Rawhide Drive on suspicion of misdemeanor failure to comply. Bail was set at $810.
• Vickie Lynn Cortinas, 52, a retail manager from Carson City, was arrested at 4:05 p.m. Wednesday in the 200 block of Fairview Drive on suspicion of felony embezzlement. She allegedly embezzled more than $1,200 from Petsmart, according to the arrest report. Bail was set at $15,000.
• Shane Lance Moran, 37, a tree surgeon from Carson City, was arrested at 2:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 2700 block of Merrimac Way on suspicion of felony possession of stolen property. He allegedly pawned a friend’s 10-year-old daughter’s video game. Bail was set at $25,000.
The following are some of the calls to which deputies responded Wednesday:
• Report of an 18-year-old woman assaulting her mother at 6:52 a.m.
• A stolen blue Dodge pickup was found blocking a driveway on Desatoya Drive at 10:26 a.m.
• Report of three women stealing “numerous amounts” of hair products from Sally Beauty Supply at 3:11 p.m. Three teens were arrested.
• Report at 4:20 p.m. of a person on Rolando Way shooting an air rifle loaded with nails at an opossum and also hitting a neighbor’s house.
• Coroner call on Fleischmann Way at 9:12 p.m.
Carson City Secret Witness will pay up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of individuals committing crimes. If you have any information call (775) 322-4900. The School Secret Witness number is (775) 283-1799. Callers always remain anonymous.